Members Login for Access|Non-Members Join Today for a Print and Online Subscription
Churchill Archive for Schools available for teachers and students
The Churchill Centre is pleased to announce the Churchill Archive for Schools website is available with a wealth of classroom-ready resources for teachers and students. The site was created by Bloomsbury Publishing in partnership with the Churchill Archives and The Churchill Centre.
Visit Churchill Archive for Schools
The C-Span Video Library, created by Cable and offered as a Public Service, has several videos of authors who have written about Churchill. Representing a wide range of views, they are a fine adjunct to reading or introducing the book, but also stand up well on their own.
American Citizens' Letters to Churchill in response to his radio broadcast to America on 16 October 1938.
- The Defence of Freedom and Peace Speech ("The lights are going out")
- Audio excerpt with the memorable phrase "We Must Arm"
- Anonymized facsimiles of four letters with transcriptions of two handwritten ones
- Psalm-style format of a single page fromThe Defence of Freedom and Peace Speech, 16 October 1938, beginning with "We must arm."
- Lesson plan (Hart) using the speech and four letters
- Lesson plan (see Patrick, under The Path to World War II) using this speech and two other speeches in 1939 and 1941