Guidelines for 2013 Research Paper
Research Paper Requirements
- Submit a research paper written during any year of high school but the paper must be submitted by midnight on September 15 of the year you graduate from secondary school.
- You must be the sole author.
- The paper must be in English.
- Length should be 3,000-5,000 words, excluding bibliography and end notes
- Use Turabian (Chicago) endnotes and bibliography.
- Research any topic meaningfully associated with the life of Winston Spencer Churchill or his works (1874-1965).
- Type papers, with double-spaced, numbered pages, in 12 pt. type.
- Include your personal information as required on the entry form (cover sheet) only- not within the paper. Do not put your name on each page of the paper. You must remain anonymous to the judges. The first page of your paper should be the title page (without your name).
- Submit papers in Microsoft Word, Free Office or as a Google Document.
The submission has three components, all to be submitted online here, by midnight on September 15, 2013:
How to Submit Your Research Paper
Getting Started on Churchill
Visit the Churchill Centre's website at www.winstonchurchill.org to find excellent resources for teachers and students: (Annotated Resource List)
Many teachers recommend this book:
Richard Marius & Melvin E. Page, A Short Guide to Writing About History, 5th Ed. (NY: Pearson Longman, 2005
If you have questions about submitting research papers, please email
To Submit your paper, follow this link.
Introduction to Research Paper Competition
2012 Churchill Centre Research Paper Submission Form
Last Updated on Friday, 10 May 2013 13:27